Phil Ivey Poker Biography
Phil Ivey was born in New Jersey, U.S.A. When it comes to poker on t.v., Phil Ivey can be seen at many of the large tournament final tables. He is one of the youngest and most recognizable faces in poker. Before becoming a professional poker player, Phil Ivey was a successful and aggressive salesman, who could have guessed? He currently has a whopping 5 WSOP bracelets, including getting 3 in 2002 tying a WSOP record. Here is a list of Phil Ivey’s World Series of Poker Bracelet wins:
- May 5th, 2000 – Phil Ivey wins the $ 2,500 Pot Limit Omaha $ 195,000
- April 23rd, 2002 – $ 1,500 7 Card Stud $ 132,000
- May 3rd, 2002 – $ 2,500 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo $ 118,440
- May 10th, 2002 – $ 2,000 S.H.O.E. $ 107,540
- June 26th, 2000 – $ 5,000 Pot Limit Omaha $ 635,603 (Phil Ivey’s largest WSOP buy-in victory.
Fun Facts About Phil Ivey
- Nickname: “No Home Jerome” – stemming from the ID he used to get into N.J. casinos growing up.
- Hand he usually holds while going bust: Ace Queen
- Where does he play Online?: Full Tilt Poker
- Sports teams: Phil Ivey likes the L.A Lakers and the Houston Rockets
- Celebrity most compared too: Tiger Woods
- Phil Ivey used to play tons of video games
- Phil Ivey has yet to win a World Poker Tour event
- He is a big time gambler, winning and losing hundreds of thousands of dollars in single sessions